Friday, July 22, 2011

To the edge and back again...



Without fail, down to my final fourteen dollars and it happens, email from Geoff at 83 Gallery. At last another big piece has sold.


"Ale Whars"

This one I just finished yesterday and took to 83 last night for my big Meet the Artist night, a new thing the gallery is going to do every couple weeks. I met about 13 people, sweat out about 12 pounds and drank about 5 beers. Overall I'd say it was a success. Someone gave me 5 bucks for a couple sketches I had in my free for all box of old things so I thank you for that. I have one other new piece I'll be dropping off for next months hanging.




Pretty hyped on it, my girlfriend gave me the idea, based off an Avett Brothers song, I suppose I owe her commission if it sells.


In other news, Joss Parker, Arlo Moon, Chris Cropper and I are most likely going to team up on a mural at Urban Scrawl. Pretty stoked for that, had a blast painting with Cropper, John Stommel and the crew last year and looking forward to another fun day in the sun, actually I think it's two days this year.





Stopped by Joss' solo show at Clayspace 831 Gallery last weekend. Looked sick, big fan of his new Sylvester/Tweety bird piece. Went over to the ABX show at CS Gallery after that. Hung out for a minute, had a beer, ate some hummus and was mistaken for Arlo, should have sold him a piece and pocketed the money. Hehe.


What else? I have work up at CommonWealth Sandwich Bar this month. I need to stop in and see how it looks. Also we have the big Cap City Creatives 2 year anniversary show during August Gallery Hop at Bros. Drake Meadery. CzechsForSEX!!! was supposed to play but we got booted because of our notoriety for noise complaints, the kids today just can't handle a little rock and roll and tinnitus, oh well, we'll be out again soon enough.





Looks like we're well on our way to the European Festival dream.


Mauser has 4 upcoming shows after a long dry spell. This Sunday at the Boneyard with Disaster Strikes, the 29th will be our first Bourbon Street show, then The Punk Porch on the bike trail on August 1st and the Airplane Room on the 12th. 3 new venues, several new songs and our bass player is back in town. Very hyped on that.




That's all for now. I may finally have a regular part time job. Seemed pretty cool and laid back and it'll be nice not scraping for cash all the time and banking off of last minute art sales.


See you all in the coming weeks! Time to develop what is hopefully a sick roll of film, been putting it off for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment