Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Start spreading the news...

I'm leaving in a day. That's right kids. New York, New York! I'm leaving in the morning and heading off to the big city. I was invited to show with Antagonist Art Movement at their space in the village. Pretty hyped on that. Only a one night show and a few pieces but you've gotta start somewhere. I'll be showing with another artist and a group all the way from Berlin, Germany so that should be sick. Hopefully we get a good crowd and I can sell a piece or two so I have a car payment when I get back. Here's the flyer, just in case any of you happen to be in town tomorrow night.



Of course this means I won't be painting at Urban Scrawl but the sacrifice is well worth it. My friend Steve is joining me on the trip and we're trying to put together a CzechsForSEX!!! show sometime while we're there. Our friends from Hopeless Otis in Queens might be able to hook us up with that. Played with them here a few weeks ago and had a good time. Joss Parker, Arlo Moon and Chris Cropper are still teaming up on four panels at Scrawl and my group Cap City Creatives will have a tent set up so head on down to 400 west Rich St. This Saturday and Sunday if you're looking for a good time.


Other than that I've just finished two new pieces this morning that I'll be taking with me. Hopefully they don't come back even though I really like them. One is my first sort of ode or tribute piece to anyone and who else than Charles Bukowski? The other is, well, an octopus. Another equally awesome creature.




"Bluebird Buk"




"A portrait of the artist as an octopus"



That's all for now, see you guys next week and month at the usual places, might finally make a CS Gallery show too if I can get my act together. I also have a new project in the works that should get me some sweet exposure, keep your ears and eyes open for more on that in the future. Ciao.















No comments:

Post a Comment